We are back to meeting in person!
RPC is back at Hannans Road Public School, Hannans Rd, Riverwood from Sunday 25th October.
We have COVID19 safety measures in place. All are welcome! If you are sick or need to stay home for any reason, we will still continue the virtual streaming at the same time.
Come and join us, we would love to see you!
What to expect when you visit us:
We are back to meeting in the Hannans Rd Public School Hall. Due to COVID, there are a number of changes.
Something that won’t change is the reading, hearing, and preaching of God’s Word, fellowship, and prayer. We will continue to have songs played, and although our mouths can’t sing, our hearts can.
- Entrance to the school grounds for our Church is only through the carpark.
- Please do not interact with the other groups on the school grounds. This is a School policy for COVID.
- The School hall has a maximum capacity of 40 people. We will open the wall to the Cola area at the back of the hall for extra seating.
- When you enter the hall, you will be asked to take a temperature check. Then you will need to sign in using your phone, scanning a QR code. A physical sign-in sheet is available for those who cannot digitally sign in. After signing in, you will need to wash or sanitise your hands. From there, we urge you to find a seat to sit down. Please refrain from unnecessary mingling.
- Masks are available at the welcoming table. We strongly encourage you to wear a mask.
- To limit sharing materials, please bring your own Bible and any other printed material you might need.
- There will be no collection of money on site. Please give electronically (you can transfer money to Presbyterian Church Riverwood Punchbowl, BSB 082-124, account number 509429985).
- Everyone is required to practice safe distancing (1.5m is the current guideline). Families are allowed to sit together.
- Please stay at home if unwell, or if you have been to near any places listed on NSW Health hotspot list.
- We will be using the toilet outside the hall near the canteen. We are trialing this for the time being as we want to limit the amount of cleaning we will need to do after the service.
- Wash hands regularly
- Under current regulations, there is no singing.
- There will be Creche, but no kids church. School-aged children will be sitting with their parents.
- Our breakout rooms on Zoom have been a blessing. To encourage each other and support one another, we will continue this practice in a different way. Like our “breakout rooms”, we will continue to pray in groups. This time will take place following the sermon. Without moving from your chair and still maintaining 1.5m distancing, you will be encouraged to talk with those near you and pray for each other. There will be a prayer group for Children. Two leaders will take the children to the classroom to meet and discuss what God has been teaching them and pray for each other.
- Following the service, we urge you to avoid mingling. Some great ways of continuing our fellowship are to go to a cafe or local park and continue to spend time safely together.
- These guidelines and requirements are for the good of our community and also for the School community. Please keep a positive and loving attitude as we worship together under these regulations.